Welcome to the WHSPA Library!
We are located on the top floor of D Block, above TAS.
We have a lovely bright space for you to study or read. The Library is divided into several sections:
- Red section - semi-circular red lounge, 15 computers, tables and chairs for a whole class
- Blue Section - semi-circular blue lounge, 15 computers, tables and chairs for a whole class
- Lounge - a large round lounge area, with high chairs, fits a whole class
- High Tables - fits a whole class, high tables and chairs next to the windows
- Senior Study - a section with study carousels for individual study
- These books are spread amongst the red and blue sections:
- Graphic Novels
- Quick Reads
- True Stories
- Picture Books
- Short Stories
- Non-Fiction, Senior Study books, and Accelerated Reader Books are all around the Senior Study area
Mrs Pfister - Teacher Librarian
Mrs Pfister is a qualified Teacher Librarian, with a Masters in Teacher Librarianship from Charles Sturt University. Mrs Pfister is here to help you, with finding a book or doing research for an assignment.
(Mrs Kylie Burnard will be working on Fridays in the Library for Mrs Pfister for the rest of 2021)
Mrs Kerr - Library Assistant
Mrs Kerr completes all administration and clerical duties required in the library. She is here to help you with things like borrowing, printing and binding.
Here is some basic info for you to remember:
Opening times: 8:30 am-3:10 pm; Before school, Recess and Lunch
Seniors: Welcome during study periods – sign in at front desk;
Borrowing: Year 7-10 - 3 books; Years 11,12 – 5 books.
Computers: 30 available for individual school work during breaks; Classwork during lessons
Phone: 42296844 x 106
Join Mrs Pfister's Google Classroom: 2xroddx
Other Staff in the Library:
Braeden Rolfe: IT Support
Ms Clancy: Careers
Articles by Mrs Pfister:
The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Suess, 'I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!'